HIV and COVID-19 webinar
A panel discussion addressing HIV management and prevention in Queensland during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Expert speakers will explore some of the key challenges and changes as we adapt to new ways of providing healthcare to impacted communities. This panel discussion will focus on workplace reform, telehealth, new models of care and the impact on service provision for HIV during the COVID-19 pandemic. Notably the variety of adaptations and Medicare changes that have been rolled out over the response to date for COVID-19 (including Telehealth as a temporary MBS item), and how service provision has been reimagined across remote, regional and metro areas of Queensland.
This session will also reflect on future challenges and opportunities for HIV prevention, testing, management and care, and the ongoing needs of the communities seeking care.
• Dr Heather McNamee - Headspace Cairns, Cairns Sexual Health Service
• Dr Ken Koh - Holdsworth House Medical Brisbane
• Clinton Morgan - Queensland Council for LGBTI Health
• Jim McDowell - Gladstone Road Pharmacy
• Michael Cave - Queensland Positive People