STI and BBV Nursing: An Introduction
Nurses and midwives play a crucial role in the prevention of blood borne viruses (BBVs) and sexually transmissible infections (STIs). They have invaluable communication skills and are well placed to identify pri-ority populations for screening.
Through case studies, presentations, group discussion and online learning this course will provide attendees with the introductory skills to incorporate STI and BBV screening within their workplace. MORE INFORMATION
It is expected that after attending this session you will be able to:
1. Describe the clinical presentation of common STIs and BBVs
2. Identify the priority populations for STI and BBV screening
3. Explain the importance of testing and screening for STIs and BBVs
4. Demonstrate confidence in offering STI and BBV screening to patients
5. State the process for contact tracing and Identify resources to assist
This course is FREE. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
For further details or assistance contact:
Name: Natalie Huska
Phone: 0431 320 429
This activity has been endorsed by APNA according to approved quality standards criteria. Completion of this educational activity entitles eligible participants to claim 8.5 CPD hours.