The Essentials for Working with the Grief of Pregnancy Loss
The loss of a baby is like no other loss. The profound grief can pervade a person's sense of self, relationships, subsequent pregnancies, and later parenting.
This presentation is for the health professional who works with clients/patients who experience the loss of their babies (through miscarriage, stillbirth, newborn or infant death, or termination for medical reasons).
- introduces the participant to the meaning of pregnancy as a developmental life stage, highlighting why the loss of a baby is so profound.
- demonstrates the ways in which experiences of pregnancy loss differ.
- overviews the nature of grief and mourning associated with the loss of a baby.
- distils the essential components for the compassionate care of bereaved parents.
- highlights the implications for pregnancy and parenting after loss.
- flags directions for future learning.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- gain an understanding into the meaning of pregnancy as a developmental life stage, and the profound grief associated with the loss of a baby.
- through brief case examples, learn about some of the different experiences of pregnancy loss.
- gain an understanding of the grief and mourning of bereaved parents.
- gain an understanding of what our clients/patients need from us in supporting them through their grief.
- gain an understanding of the implications for subsequent pregnancies, and parenting after loss.
For more information, contact Grief Australia.