Unplanned Pregnancy Best Practice Counselling
An immersive, full day specialized pregnancy options training workshop for all health and allied health care practitioners who may provide counselling to people with unplanned pregnancy.
Morning session: evidence-based information on non-directive all options counselling - parenting, alternative care arrangements and adoption and abortion.
Afternoon session: key counselling communication techniques and applied practice.
Refreshments & light lunch provided for full day participants.
- Scene setting: Socio-legal context of unplanned pregnancy in Queensland
- Exploring Values
- Unplanned Pregnancy Counselling: Core Practice Principles
- Introduction to Unplanned Pregnancy Counselling: Parenting Adoption Abortion
- Intersection of unplanned pregnancy, intimate partner violence and reproductive coercion
- Parenting, Adoption and Alternative care arrangements
- Abortion: medical and surgical
- State based abortion provision
- Counselling Communication, Post-abortion counselling referral indicators
- Case studies & Role play demonstration and applied practice
- Discussion, reflection and self-care
Queensland only: Sponsored training for regional rural and remote health care professionals. Priority given to regional/rural/remote professionals who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and communities or organisations.
Contact our Regional Rural and Remote Abortion Access Project Officer
T: 07 3357 9933 (ext 4)
Unable to travel? EOI for other locations and other questions to E: firstname.lastname@example.org