What We Do
The Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN focus on working collaboratively with GPs, allied and mental health professionals, practice nurses, practice managers, hospital and health services, ACCHHOs, community service providers, Elders and community members to:
- Reduce potentially avoidable hospital admissions;
- Increase childhood immunisation rates;
- Increase cancer screening rates;
- Improve access to care and rates of Mental Health treatment;
- Improve access to care and reduce rates of chronic and complex conditions;
- Improve access to culturally appropriate primary care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Improve understand and usage of digital health records;
- Collaborate with other regional stakeholders, to commission services to improve patient and community health outcomes.
We do this through:
- A rigorous commissioning process to fill any primary health care gaps which might naturally be appearing in the market;
- Providing support to general practice and allied health service providers across the Darling Downs and West Moreton regions;
- Working with primary health care providers to improve service integration;
- Working in partnership with Hospital and Health Services, councils and other organisations via the Regional Health Alliance.