Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is committed to building the capacity, capability and scope of primary of health care professionals and support staff throughout our region. Strong and trusted partnerships with primary, secondary and tertiary health and community service stakeholders is essential and enables collaboration in determining the key needs and opportunities for service integration.
We understand the landscape of regional and rural healthcare in continually developing. Consequently we support primary care health professionals and support staff, to maintain and develop their knowledge and expertise through meaningful education and events, which supports workforce development.
Given the geography and diversity of our region the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN addresses service gaps, through the delivery of education which may otherwise be unavailable.
Our workforce development activities focus on developing, facilitating and delivering opportunities support by:
- identifying gaps in health knowledge and skills to improve the delivery of care and service integration;
- improving trusted partnerships and communication between all levels of healthcare;
- forecasting health care needs and future education requirements;
- pro-actively in managing education activities to meet broad regional and rural needs;
- promoting opportunities which improve patient outcomes.
Our PHN is accredited to provide activities with allocation of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points from professional governing organisations, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).