Collaborating with the workplace to enable good work for your patient/client
Session aim: Discuss how practitioners can collaborate with workplaces to enable recovery and return to work with a focus on providing “good work”.
Through an interdisciplinary panel exploration of supporting work participation, and recovery at and return to work, with a focus on good work, this webinar will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to:
- Discuss the benefits of participating in good work with patients/clients who are experiencing mental health conditions that may impair their ability to work, including the benefits of recovery and a timely return to work.
- Identify what 'good work' looks like for patients/clients and how practitioners can encourage the workplace to provide 'good work' that supports health and wellbeing.
- Discuss how to constructively engage with the workplace and other stakeholders to help patients/clients optimise their health and work participation and recovery outcomes.
- Recommend ways to deal with barriers to recovery and return to work, and assist patients/clients to realise the benefits of participating in good work.
Our interdisciplinary panel of experts includes:
- Dr. Dielle Felman (VIC – Psychiatrist)
- Dr. Cath Kelaher (ACT – General Practitioner and Occupational Physician)
- Dr. Jacqui Stanford (VIC – Psychologist)
- Kevin Figueiredo (NSW- General Manager Risk, Safety and Sustainability)
The session will be facilitated by GP, Professor Stephen Trumble.
For more information, contact Australian Government - Comcare.