What is Provider Connect Australia?
Provider Connect Australia (PCA) is a new free service operated by the Australian Digital Health Agency. PCA streamlines the process of keeping your business partners up to date by having your services and practitioners listed in one central location.
When your organisation signs up for PCA, it means only a single master copy of the healthcare provider organisation’s details needs to be maintained, with chosen business partners automatically updated whenever any details change. This saves time, reduces human error and removes the hassle of filling out multiple forms.
Who will my organisation's details be shared with?
A typical healthcare provider organisation’s business partners can include:
- public and private hospitals
- communication services (such as secure messaging services and prescription exchanges)
- health services directories (such as the National Health Services Directory)
- private and government clinical programs
- clinical pathways services
- online booking systems
- diagnostic services
- Primary Health Networks
- funders (such as Medicare, private health insurers and workplace and accident insurers).
What are the benefits?
- Reduce administration burden by having your organisation information centralised.
- Improve the findability and understanding of your services and providers.
- Easily ensure your organisations information is accurate and complete.
How to register
Provider Connect Australia registration is currently restricted to healthcare organisations that are part of the pilot. If your organisation wishes to sign up for PCA now, please contact email@example.com.
For more information visit the Australian Digital Health Agency’s Provider Connect Australia webpage.