GP Smart Referrals (GPSR)
GP Smart Referrals (GPSR) are digital referrals that integrate with Best Practice and Medical Director software to enable faster, more streamlined management of referrals to Queensland public hospitals.
GPSR allows GPs to:
- create an electronic referral from the Best Practice or Medical Director clinical information system
- submit the referral to the right public specialist outpatient service directly
- track the referral via your practice software.
Benefits of GP Smart Referrals
- fields requiring patient demographics will auto-populate from the clinical record, reducing time spent with manual data entry
- it allows for the attachment of test results, imaging and other clinical documents from the clinical record or your PC, in multiple formats
- aligns with state-wide essential referral criteria, reducing the number of referrals being returned
- has an in-built Service Directory to inform you of the closest service available to your patient’s home.
For more information and support, please contact your hospital and health service.
Darling Downs Health
P: 07 4699 8403
To register, please contact West Moreton Health or Darling Downs Health on the details listed above.
The Health Provider Portal (HPP) provides a summary of patient health information from public Queensland Health facilities. All information is provided via secure access to Queensland Health’s read-only clinical application, The Viewer.
For support, phone 1300 478 439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Queensland Health Secure Transfer Service
The Queensland Health Secure Transfer Service (STS) allows Queensland Health facilities to electronically communicate with GPs key patient information such as discharge summaries.
Individual GPs or your practice manager need to ensure that details of your Medicare Provider Number and Healthcare Provider Identifier – Individual (HPI-I) are up-to-date and registered with Queensland Health’s STS.
To register for the Queensland Health STS, complete the forms below:
Find out more information on the STS directory or call 1300 478 439 for technical support.
QScript is Queensland Health's real-time prescription monitoring system for monitored medicines; an easily accessible secure database designed to aid prescribers and pharmacists in reviewing current patient data on prescription history of Schedule 8 (S8) and select Schedule 4 (S4) medications. QScript uses a traffic light notification system, red notifies of potential high-risk circumstances, amber if patient data is available, and green if no patient history.
Benefits for healthcare providers
- Accurate real-time prescription & dispensation data
- Increased awareness of potential medication risks
- Improves transparency for prescription information
- Early risk management for patients prescribed monitored medications.
From 1 January 2023, relevant health practitioners in Queensland are required to check QScript prior to prescribing. The decision on whether to prescribe or supply a monitored medicine for a patient always remains with the relevant practitioner, regardless of if access to QScript is available.
QScript Technical Support Team
P: 1800 776 633
Monitored Medicines Unit