GP Chapter Meetings
The aim of the Primary
Health Network Chapter is to ensure that primary health care professionals receive
networking and professional development opportunities in their geographical
regions of practice.
These meetings are facilitated bi-monthly. If you would like more information about your local Chapter, please email email@example.com
These Chapters give providers the opportunity to:
- Provide feedback, relate experiences of general practice, allied health care and primary health care practice.
- Provide clinical insight, advice and
guidance to the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN Clinical Councils on health needs
specific to the region.
The Primary Health Network Chapter’s core activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing advice, input and responding to health initiatives, regional and emerging health needs and relevant public policy.
- Responding to requests for feedback on relevant health matters from the broader community and the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.
- Coordinating and providing ongoing feedback to members.
- Interacting with other stakeholders to understand local community needs relevant to health and wellbeing.
- Collaborating with external stakeholders within the health and community sectors, such as NGOs, service providers, Hospital and Health Services, AMSs, Aged Care facilities etc.
The Primary Health Network's core responsibilities include:
- Ensuring broad representation of GPs and primary health care providers across its geographical area.
- Recommending professional development and networking opportunities to support primary health care professionals.
- Recommending strategies which develop and support improvements in health and well-being of the community.
- Providing expert advice on ways the Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN can engage primary health care professionals within the region.
- Providing expert clinical opinions on local, regional and national issues for general practitioners and primary health care professionals.
- Devising strategies which encourage a cohesive approach to Chapter activities.
Dr Graham McAllister
Dr Kevin Lynch
Dr Ken Gilmour
Dr Anna Carswell
Dr David Downs
Dr Lynton Hudson
No chapters at present
No chapters at present