Telehealth Pilot Project
Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN have commissioned healthdirect Australia to enable the healthdirect Video Call service in targeted locations across our region.
healthdirect Video Call has been developed by healthdirect Australia to make it easy for healthcare providers to offer their services via telehealth, reducing travel and wait times for patients living in rural and remote areas.
Telehealth appointments are the same as a regular face-to-face appointment, except the healthcare provider joins their patient in a virtual consultation room rather than a physical one.
Our PHN is funding the Telehealth Pilot Project to allow GPs, psychologists and social workers to deliver mental health support to patients.
Our Region's Participating Healthcare Providers
- Goondiwindi Medical Centre
- Millmerran Medical Centre
- Taabinga Family Practice
- Tara Medical Centre
- Barry Sheehan (Psychologist)
- Gillian Bensley (Psychologist)
- Centre for Healthy Living (Psychologist)
Access Your Telehealth Appointment
How does it work?
- Patients enter the virtual clinic waiting area via the virtual clinic links below.
- Patients are requested to enter their name and contact phone number, this information is only requested for identification purposes and is automatically deleted at the conclusion of the telehealth consultation.
- Health professionals log into their practices Healthdirect virtual clinic and join the patient in their confidential and secure virtual clinic room.
To be eligible, the patient must live at least 15kms away from the doctors’ rooms in a council area declared to be in drought or a Modified Monash region 3-7.
- Google Chrome web-browser on a desktop or laptop (Windows or MacOS), or on an android tablet or smartphone.
- Safari web browser on an Apple desktop or laptop (MacOS) or iPad or iPhone of the healthdirect Video App (for Apple users).
- A device (such as a PC, laptop, iPad or tablet) with camera, microphone and speakers.
- A reliable internet connection.
Patients may be eligible to receive a rebate or be bulk billed depending on their individual GPs practice billing arrangement.