GP Psychiatry Support Line
We fund a psychiatry support line for GPs in the region. Operated by ProCare Mental Health Services, the free-to-call hotline allows GPs to speak directly with a qualified psychiatrist about the mental health needs of their patients.
The hotline can be used to discuss medication, diagnosis, treatment plans and more. GPs can use the hotline’s advice in conjunction with their pre-established patient knowledge to provide timely, high-quality support to patients, which may remove the need for the patient to wait for a psychiatry booking.
The GP psychiatry support line is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm to all GPs working in the Darling Downs and West Moreton region.
To access the GP Psychiatry Support Line, call 1800 16 17 18.
More information can be found on the GP Support website.
Practice nurses and nurse practitioners
We support and recognise the important contributions of practice nurses within general practice. The practice nurse role is unique and can often require different knowledge and skills than nurses practising in hospital or community health services.
Important links for practice nurses:
- Practice Nurse MBS items and eLearning (Services Australia)
- ANMF National Practice Standards and Toolkit for Nurses in General Practice (Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation)
- RACGP Position Statement – Nurse practitioners in primary healthcare (RACGP)
- Australian Practice Nurses Association (APNA)
- Practice nurse MBS items (Services Australia)
- Billing multiple MBS items (Services Australia)
- Chronic disease management MBS items (Department of Health and Ageing)
- Chronic disease management patient information (Department of Health and Ageing)
- Chronic disease GP Management Plans and Team Care Arrangements (Services Australia)
- eLearning programs – GP Management Plans (Services Australia)
- eLearning programs and infographics – Team Care Arrangements (Services Australia)
Department of Health and Aged Care
Healthcare Identifier Service Enquiry Line
P: 1300 361 457
Australian Digital Health Agency
My Health Record Enquiry Line
P: 1800 723 471
Medicare provider enquiry line
P: 132 150 and select option 6 (available Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm local time)