Curing Hepatitis C In Primary Care
This course aims to provide general practitioners, nurse practitioners and other prescribing practitioners the skills and confidence to diagnose, assess, manage and treat HCV in primary care.
This training includes an online learning module and a live webinar. The interactive session provides an opportunity to discuss and practice strategies with peers and clinicians experienced in hepatitis C.
By the end of this training participants will be able to:
- Screen, order and interpret tests appropriately to diagnose chronic HCV infection
- Discuss strategies with patients to minimise transmission risk and improve liver health
- Perform the recommended pre-treatment assessment, including liver disease staging
- Determine the appropriate antiviral therapy for treatment of HCV and explain treatment to patient
- Implement monitoring and post-treatment follow-up recommendations .
General practitioners, other medical practitioners and authorised nurse practitioners prescribing or intending to prescribe S85 direct-acting antiviral medication for HCV in primary care settings.
For more information, contact ASHM.