GP Mental Health Skills Masterclass
- Enhance your ability to diagnose and treat mental disorders efficiently
- Interactive Case Based Discussions to consolidate your knowledge
- Earn 40 CPD points
- Online training material for psychiatric interviewing
- Perform risk assessments and outline key steps in management of risk in primary care.
- Identify and recognise common presentations of mental illness in primary care.
- Identify presentations that should be referred for specialist care.
- Reproduce diagnostic criteria for depression, psychosis, anxiety and substance use disorders.
- Formulate patient presentations in a bio-psychosocial model.
- Distinguish between Axis I and Axis II (personality disorders).
- Write a mental health care plan.
- Implement a devised mental health care plan.
- Discuss choice of appropriate medication for common mental disorders.
- Explain common mental illnesses to families and carers.
For more information, contact Psych Scene.