Managing Multimorbidity – Primary Care Webinar Series 2023 aims to address gaps in knowledge and skills of primary healthcare workers in managing multimorbidity, particularly in considering patients co-existing physical and mental health and social circumstances; coordinating across members of the multidisciplinary team; managing polypharmacy; and conducting consultations to address multiple conditions.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Recall strategies on how to manage patients with multimorbidity holistically by considering their co-existing physical conditions, as well as mental and social circumstances;
- Recognise the benefits of improved communication and coordination across members of the multidisciplinary team in managing people with multiple conditions;
- List factors to consider for appropriate prescribing and deprescribing drugs for people with multimorbidity; and
- Plan an improved strategy on how to structure a consultation with patients with multimorbidity.
This activity has been submitted for RACGP review and is pending approval for combination of CPD activity types:
• Educational activity: 1 hour for attending the webinar.
• Reviewing performance: 1 hour for completing the predisposing and reinforcing activities
This program is supported through an independent grant from Amgen with other supporters still to be confirmed. Supporters are not involved in the development of content, selection or discussions with the faculty.
For more information, contact In Vivo Academy.