National Hepatitis B S100 Prescriber Course
Become a hepatitis B s100 prescriber to manage and treat chronic hepatitis B in primary care settings.
This course provides Medical Practitioners and Nurse Practitioners with comprehensive training in the science of hepatitis B (HBV), current pharmacology, monitoring and treatment, and the complicating factors surrounding HBV management.
Upon successful completion of this training and the associated case assessment, eligible participants may apply to the relevant state departments of health for authority to prescribe Section 100 (s100) drugs for the management of HBV in Australia.
This course will be presented as a mix of self-paced and live facilitated learning, providing attendees an opportunity to discuss and practice strategies with peers and specialists. This is comprised of:Online Learning ModulesThree 2-hour interactive webinars via Zoom, accessed through the ASHM online learning platformCase StudiesMultiple choice quiz
Presentations and case discussions will be delivered by specialists and primary care providers with expertise in hepatitis B.
Total expected time to complete all self-paced and live components = 11 hours
Through online learning and virtual teaching, participants will learn to:
- Outline the critical role of primary care in the diagnosis, management and treatment of people living with chronic hepatitis B
- Plan long-term care, including guideline-based monitoring and hepatocellular carcinoma screening, for patients with chronic hepatitis B
- Select and prescribe first-line antiviral treatment when clinically indicated
- Identify situations where specialist advice or referral is required
- Integrate principles of person-centred and culturally competent care into hepatitis B management
General Practitioners, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, other community based medical practitioners.
For more information, contact ASHM.