Queensland Voluntary Assisted Dying Implementation Conference
Queensland Health invites healthcare workers to the Queensland Voluntary Assisted Dying Implementation Conference at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, or virtually, on Saturday 29 October 2022.
Voluntary assisted dying will be available in Queensland from 1 January 2023. At the conference, healthcare workers will learn how voluntary assisted dying is being implemented to support the delivery of high quality, safe and compassionate services.
The program will feature:
- a keynote address from Andrew Denton
- expertise from clinicians with experience in the provision of voluntary assisted dying in Western Australia and Victoria
- first hand insights on what it means to support a family member through the voluntary assisted dying process
- deep dives into the voluntary assisted dying process by unpicking case scenarios
- overview of voluntary assisted dying in Queensland and the supports that will be available to clinicians involved in the provision of services.
For more information, contact Voluntary Assisted Dying Unit.