Alcohol and Other Drugs Webinar - Parental AOD use and child aware practice with Emerging Minds
The webinar series, as a part of the Drug and Alcohol Addiction Education Program, is delivered in an interactive Q&A format and led by drug and alcohol addiction experts. The webinars will focus on key clinical areas and outcomes from the face-to-face and online learning courses to build your core knowledge with the opportunity to explore case examples.
Eligible ACRRM members* will be able to apply for an incentive grant payment of $200 (excl. GST) upon completion of a webinar and an online post-course evaluation survey.
Please note up to five incentive claims can be made for DAAE webinars attended in this series.
*Eligible ACRRM members include all doctors and registrars who are current financial members
Excludes Student, Health Professional, IMG Associates, Future RG, and Retired members.
NOTE: ACRRM members who have participated in the RACGP's Alcohol and Other Drugs GP education program will not be eligible to participate in the ACRRM DAAE Program, or receive an incentive payment.
- Date: Thursday 25 August 2022
- Time: 6:30pm AEST
- Duration 90 minutes
- Presenters: Sara McLean and Felicity Kime
- Understand the potential impact of parental alcohol and drug use on child development and family relationships
- Discuss the role of GPs in supporting families impacted by drug and alcohol use
- Explore constructive engagement strategies that can be used when working with children and families where there is parental drug or alcohol use
- Consider consumer perspectives when working with families where drug and alcohol use is present
- Highlight useful resources that will support your practice when working with families impacted by drug and alcohol use
For more information, contact Australian College of Rural & Remote Medicine.