Mothers and Babies Maternal Mortality Education Session
The Queensland Maternal and Perinatal Quality Council invites you to attend the Queensland Mothers and Babies Maternal Mortality Education Session.
Highlighting best practice - translating the 2021 QMPQC Report findings into practice. This is the first in a series of three education sessions, designed to inform clinicians involved in the care of women during pregnancy and after, about areas for improvement.
The session will address the Maternal Mortality recommendations and good practice points from the 2021 Report:
- Obstetric haemorrhage and postpartum events
- Complex cardiac conditions in pregnancy
- Shared Antenatal Care
- Red flags - Importance of clinical assessments, and when to escalate
- Condition and postnatal plan at discharge and Multidisciplinary care and services
- Trauma informed care and Malignancies in pregnancy
- Perinatal mental health and Maternal suicide
Who should attend: all clinicians involved in the care of women throughout the childbirth continuum; public and private health maternity services executives and clinical leaders in obstetrics, obstetric, nursing and midwifery; shared care general practitioners; social workers; perinatal practitioners, psychiatrists; perinatal pathologists and researchers.
For more information, contact Queensland Maternal and Perinatal Quality Council.