Supporting Deaf individuals with complex needs in mental health
Working with Interpreters: An in-depth review including common mistakes, barriers and challenges.
Conducting assessments: The importance of Deaf history for MSE and other assessments. Models of care and outcomes.
Consumer perspectives: Perspectives on access to service. Opportunity for Q & A with members of the Deaf community.
Case studies: Appropriate diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Are interactive on Microsoft Teams
- Are based on adult learning principals
- Are facilitated by skilled, experienced trainers
- Are grounded in the latest evidence and practice-based research
- Includes firsthand experiences of Deaf consumers
Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
Spaces are limited.
For more information, contact Deafness & Mental Health Statewide Consultation & Liaison Service.
8:30am - 4:30pm,
Tuesday 4 October 2022
CPD Points Available?