WIP - Practice Stream
Under the WIP - Practice Stream, quarterly incentive payments to engage eligible health professionals.
Eligible practices can receive incentive payments of up to $130,000 per year. The amount of incentive payments a practice receives depends on the:
- practice size
- type of eligible health professionals
- average hours eligible health professionals work each week
- type of practice and its location.
What is included into the WIP – Practice Stream?
- practices within Modified Monash (MM) 3-7 locations are eligible for a rural loading, with 30-60% applied to incentive payments to practices located in MM 3-7, depending on the rurality of the practice
- practices in all locations can engage allied health professionals. The restriction to engage allied health professionals in Urban Areas of Workforce Shortage have been removed
- nurse practitioners and pharmacists (non-dispensing) are included as eligible health professionals
- incentives are paid quarterly and directly to participating practices
- registered nurses, enrolled nurses and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers and health practitioners are eligible health professionals that can be engaged in all locations
- an annual loading for practices providing general practitioner services to Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card holders.
- Aboriginal Medical Services and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services will continue to receive up to 50% loading on their Standardised Whole Patient Equivalent (SWPE) value
Practices that are eligible for the Practice Stream
- general practices
- Aboriginal Medical Services
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services.
Eligibility requirements for this payment
- general practice accreditation requirements
- employment of at least one full-time or part-time general practitioner
- engagement of at least one eligible health professional
- eligibility for the Practice Incentives Program (PIP) – if a PIP consenting practice
- a specified amount of public liability insurance, as set out in the guidelines.
Which practices will be eligible to receive rural loading?
All practice locations are eligible for WIP - Practice Stream payments. However only those practices located in MM 3 to MM 7 qualify for the following rural loadings:
- MM3 – 30%
- MM4 – 40%
- MM5 – 40%
- MM6 – 60%
- MM7 – 60%
How do I join to participate in the WIP – Practice Stream?
Can I use my PIP profile for WIP- Practice Stream profile?
Your practice needs to be a PIP consenting practice. This means that your practice consents for some PIP information to be used for the WIP – Practice Stream. This information includes:
- practice name and main address
- eligibility details, such as accreditation, public liability insurance, and indemnity insurance
- bank account details
- contact details
- location details
- ownership details
- general practitioner and nurse practitioner details
- SWPE for the WIP - Practice Stream calculations.
Your practice IDs are the same, when you are a PIP consenting practice. Practice details only need to be updated in your PIP profile for them to be updated in your WIP - Practice Stream profile.
If your practice is a PIP consenting practice, it must remain eligible in the PIP as part of its eligibility criteria for the WIP - Practice Stream.