My Health for Life
My Health for Life
My health for life (MH4L) is a free behaviour change program designed for people at high risk of developing a chronic disease, and shows participants that making small lifestyle changes can have major health benefits.
The MH4L program works in partnership with GPs and other clinical services, providing patients an opportunity to participate in an evidence-based lifestyle modification program in their local community.
What You Need to Know
Things you need to know about the MH4L program:
MH4L Video Call Sessions
To view current MH4L video call sessions available, click here
Participants can attend a VC session with a facilitator anywhere in Queensland.
VC groups are a maximum of 6 participants. 13 RISK (13 74 75) can assist with availability
Participants are also able to complete the program through telephone coaching if they can't access a VC group.
How we can support your practice
- providing health professional and patient MH4L resources
- identifying patients that are automatically eligible for the program (those with pre-existing conditions)
- identifying patients who are at risk or eligible for a health assessment to determine a referral
- up-skilling various staff in through in-practice education
- assist with incorporation program promotion into existing business
- initiating in-practice strategies to increase patient risk assessments and incorporate early intervention processes
- provide an in-depth understanding of risk assessments and prevention activities to all practice nurses involved in the Practice Nurse Support Program.
Helpful Links and Resources
We've compiled a list of helpful links and resources for you to access.
For Health Professionals
My Health for Life Program Overview
Find out more about the My Health for Life Program.
My Health for Life Program FAQs
Read frequently asked questions about the My Health for life program.
My Health for Life Program Outline
Read the My Health for Life Program outline.
The Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool (AUSDRISK) is a short list of questions to help you assess your risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Absolute Risk Calculator
Absolute Risk calculates your chance, as an individual, of getting cardiovascular disease.
On this page you'll find:
Quick links loading...