Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN is supporting general practices to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our region.
This page contains information on the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out, GP respiratory clinics, fever and community assessment clinics, other locations for specimen collection and resources to help in the assessment and management of COVID-19.
Current local advice is that patients with suspected COVID-19 are referred to GP respiratory clinics, pathology collection centres, fever clinics, community assessment clinics or emergency departments that are equipped to appropriately respond.
- REMINDER - Guidance for referrals to QLD Health vaccine clinics for patients with contraindications for COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca
- UPDATE - New locations added to list of hotspots
- UPDATE - "Moderate risk" PPE rating remains in place
- Infection control advice for primary care settings in the event of a COVID-19 case
- NEW – ATAGI statement on use of COVID-19 vaccines in Australia
- NEW - Medical recommendation letter to receive the Pfizer vaccine in Queensland Health facilities
- NEW – Vaccine hesitancy patient communication
- July COVID-19 vaccines multicultural audience stakeholder pack
For more information, visit the links below:
Contacting your Public Health Unit
Please discuss any cases of concern with your local Public Health Unit immediately so that appropriate actions and testing can be organised.
GPs are advised to notify their relevant Public Health Units of 'suspect cases' of COVID-19.
Darling Downs Health
Please use this DDH Public Health Unit Notification Form.
P: 07 4699 8240 (business hours)
P: 07 3646 1699 (after hours)
Please use this WMH Public Health Unit Notification Form.
P: 07 3818 4700 (business hours)
P: 07 3176 2111 (after hours, ask for public health)