Conflict at Work: How to De-escalate & Prevention
Explore what fuels blame and toxic cultures & what to do when you encounter it.
Finger-pointing, blame, bullying, lack of accountability, gaslighting and other so-called toxic behaviours are a source of tension and strain in many workplaces, not to mention the flow-on impact to productivity. In this thought-provoking webinar, Sam tackles one of the hardest topics for workplaces to address, through the lens of understanding and empathy.
Outline / Objectives:
Part 1: Boost your knowledge - the psychology of conflict
- Why do we all blame, judge and hit the 'red zone' at times
- What is unconsciousness & toxic behaviour?
- Thinking traps that lead to conflict
- First steps: putting aside Ego & not taking things personally
Part 2: Tactical tools to de-escalate in the heat of the moment
- Stepping into conscious awareness & out of "survival mode"
- How to be empathetic with built-in boundaries
- Staying closer to 'Green' with mindfulness
- Self-regulation of energy and emotion
- Non-triggering language choices and tone
- Firm, clear and calm
- Empowered body-language
Part 3: New habit formation, culture change & prevention
- Shift default behaviour from react to respond
- Setting expectations and seeking agreement to minimise conflict
- Embedding wellbeing anchors to release tension and stress build-up
- Three-step debriefing process to diffuse reoccurring patterns of conflict
Target Audience: Managers, Nurses, Health Professionals and Staff working in Aged Care Services who are leaders or aspiring leaders
Your registration fee includes: Pre-reading material, Comprehensive Webinar Notes, Post event resources, Certificate of Attendance.
For more information, contact Aged and Health Care Education.