Navigating mental health challenges when living with a physical disability
Join the interdisciplinary panel for a Q&A session exploring how to better support the mental health of those living with a disability, their carers and family.
- Glenn Bedwell (NSW – Lived Experience)
- Waltraud Reiner (VIC – Gestalt Psychotherapist and Carer)
- Katrina Pacey (QLD – Occupational Therapist)
- Chris Basten (NSW – Psychologist)
And facilitator Prof. Stephen Trumble (VIC – General Practitioner)
- Describe the general principles of providing a safe and supportive environment for people living with disability, their carers and family if they experience mental health challenges.
- Outline key principles of providing appropriate therapies and communication approaches to people living with disability, their carers and family if they experience mental health challenges.
- Identify challenges, tips and strategies to build appropriate referral pathways and implement a collaborative response to assist people living with disability, their carers and family who may be experiencing mental health challenges.
For more information, contact Mental Health Professionals Network.