Queensland Health Spirometry Training Program
The Queensland Health Spirometry training program is accredited and provides clinicians with the skills, knowledge and specific competencies required to perform spirometry to international standards and Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) Standards for the Delivery of Spirometry for Resource Sector Workers.
To register please visit https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/refer-your-patient-page/spirometry-training-program.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose of spirometry testing
2. Identify the contraindications to spirometry testing
3. Conduct spirometry testing with adults and children to international standards and local guidelines
4. Produce acceptable and repeatable results and recognise inaccurate test performances
5. Interpret spirometry test results
6. Implement quality assurance processes to ensure the accuracy of spirometry tests.
The program prepares participants for a range of roles including working with adults and children, in tertiary healthcare facilities, community and rural health, occupational health and screening services, outreach services, private practice specialist respiratory services, general practice, pathology services, research.
For more information, contact Queensland Health at email@example.com or 731394755.